Welcome to the Minnesota Service Cooperatives (MSC) Online Learning Community!
Expanding quality online educational opportunities
for Minnesota students
This learning community is sponsored by the Northeast Service Cooperative in collaboration with our member school districts and Resource Training & Solutions.
The MSC Online Learning Program:
- Provides challenging educational opportunities for students who need credit recovery, advanced, additional or specialized courses, and/or a flexible learning environment.
- Is certified by the Minnesota Department of Education to offer online curriculum to students in grades 7-12. All online courses offered through approved programs are:
- Taught by Minnesota licensed teachers
- Meet or exceed state academic standards
- Transfer to other public school districts
- Apply toward high school graduation
- Is a part-time, non-diploma program, so students will remain enrolled in their own districts while taking courses with MSC Online.
NORTHEAST SERVICE COOPERATIVE
MSC Online Learning Program
5525 Emerald Avenue
Mt. Iron, MN 55768
Email MSC Online Director: Tim Caroline
* * *
MSC Online 2015-2016 Semester Dates
|FALL SEMESTER||September 8, 2015 - January 15, 2016|
|SPRING SEMESTER||January 25, 2016 - May 20, 2016|
|SUMMER SEMESTER||June 6, 2016 - August 26, 2016|
Highlights of the State Statute on Online Learning
124D.095 ONLINE LEARNING OPTION
- A student age 17 or younger must have the written consent of a parent or guardian to apply.
- No school district or charter school may prohibit a student from applying to enroll in online learning.
- Students can complete course work at a grade level that is different from the student's current grade level.
- An online learning student may participate in the extracurricular activities of the enrolling district on the same basis as other enrolled students.
- School districts and charter schools must make available information about online learning to all interested people.